Healthy sleep consists of two main phases:
- Slow (deep). Sleep without rapid eye movements;
- Fast. The dream in which we dream;
In the slow phase of sleep, body recovery, regulation of the cardiovascular system and other beneficial processes take place.
Sleep is a legal way to succeed in sports without doping
In a dream, skills are developed in an accelerated mode. You wake up and your skills are 20-30% better than at the end of yesterday’s workout.
Lack of sleep causes hallucinations. With prolonged use of alcohol, sleep deprivation can develop into a “white
fever”, i.e. a person begins to dream during wakefulness.
The optimal amount of sleep is 7-9 hours. It is better to go to bed before 23-00. Percentage of people able to survive on 6 hours of sleep or less without health consequences in the human population = 0%.
Sleep is not a bank. You can’t accumulate debt and pay it back on weekends. There is no credit system for sleep.
A man who sleeps 5-6 hours a night has testosterone levels as if he were 10 years older.
Healthy sleep outside the home does not happen. When spending the night in unusual places, one half of the brain sleeps worse than the other. There is no deep sleep due to the threat detection mode.
Night work increases the risk of cancer. The reason for this is a violation of sleep cycles.
Sleeping less than 7 hours reduces stamina by 30% and increases the chance of injury.
The less you sleep, the shorter your life
5 facts about healthy sleep
- Regularity is the most important factor. Go to bed and get up at the same time. It doesn’t matter if it’s a work day or a weekend.
- Light. An hour before bedtime, try to avoid the screen and just turn off half the lights in the apartment.
- Coolness. The brain needs to drop the temperature in order to fall asleep. Therefore, you are more likely to fall asleep where it is too cold than where it is too hot.
- Don’t go to bed with a full belly or too hungry. Lying down hungry can trigger an alarm that leads to insomnia.
- Daytime sleep from 14:00 to 16:00. At the same time, night sleep is not reduced.